Code review system¶
Gerrit is one of the core components of Software Factory. It provides the Git repository hosting server, a code review mechanism, and a powerful ACL system. Within Software Factory Gerrit is tightly integrated with the issue tracker and the CI pipelines manager.
Some useful plugins are installed on Gerrit:
- Reviewer-by-blame: Automatically adds code reviewers to submitted changes if they authored or modified files affected by the changes.
- Replication: Allows the replication of Git repositories hosted on Software Factory on a remote location, for example Github.
- Gravatar: Displays the gravatar picture associated with a contributor’s email.
- Delete-project: Allow a privileged user to fully remove an useless Gerrit project.
- Download-commands: Allows IDE integration
The following hooks are installed to update the issue tracker on specific events:
- An issue referenced in the commit message of a new submission will be automatically set as “In progress” in the issue tracker.
- An issue referenced by a submission will be closed when the patch gets merged into the main repository.
The following events will trigger actions on the CI pipelines:
- A new patch being submitted, or modified
- A “recheck” or “retrigger” message in the patch’s comments
- A patch reaching the score needed to be candidate for merging (+2 Core, +1 Workflow, +1 Verified)
- A patch being merged